Friday, May 14, 2010

Buttons and hair pins

I saw this great idea over at One Crafty Mumma and decided to have a go. I have quite a reasonable collection of buttons to use for any project really. I would like to get some more interesting buttons though. Old ones and sparkly ones. I went on a trip to Echuca some time ago with my sisters-in-law and we went to a quilt shop there. They had these huge tubs full of buttons. You could buy them by the scoopful. Why didn't I that day? Anyway, here is a picture of the ones I have made.
I really quite like them. Even though I made so many I have really only worn two of them. If I was a more coordinated person who could do actual hair styles instead of simply "there it is" styles, then I might have cause to use more. I will have to work on that.

Buttons in our house have become a big deal because while Amelia has her saline treatment on the nubilser (pump) she plays with the buttons to keep her happy. Esther and Ellamay help too. They use their tea set and pour the buttons from one container to the next, stir them with spoons and make all kinds of interesting things. We end up with buttons from one end of the house to the other. Whatever works to keep Amelia on there though. So I should be able to justify getting more buttons really. Yes. I think so.

Still trying to get my felt cloud mobile finished. I am so close to being finished but I am sick of it. Amelia decided to help the other day and actually cut one of the rain drops with my embriodery scissors. One of those "NOT THE GOOD SCISSORS" moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment