Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Project 52 - 18th and 19th date - Cupcakes and a hot bath.


Our 18th date - I am going to say we had a two part date this week. On Saturday night, it was Tim's turn to plan. I don't think he had come up with anything. I suggested we make some banana cake or something because we had a bunch of bananas in the fruit bowl that needed to be used.

Once the kids had (finally) settled and were all asleep, we got to it. We have never made this banana cupcake recipe before but it was super easy and really yummy. It was fun to bake with Tim. The cupcakes sunk a little in the middle which I think was either that we used margarine instead of butter or because I am still trying to work out our ovens temperature settings (we have had for 12 months! I should know by now). It didn't matter anyway because we made the cream cheese frosting and it just meant there was more frosting on top - yum!

On Sunday, we had roast lunch at my parents house, which has become a Sunday tradition for us (thanks Mum). After lunch, we left the kids with my parents and Tim and I went out to the shopping centre to pick up another course of antibiotics for Amelia. While we waited for it to be ready, we went and shared a choc mint thick shake and just enjoyed a bit of time. It's been quite a while since we could be out together like that. Not exactly the most romantic of settings, but it was gold anyway!

Our 19th date - We had been through a rough week. We had both been dealing with issues separately and together. The date started off with me needing a cry on Tim's shoulder. He decided to run me a nice hot bath and he sat a small plastic stool and talked to me while I soaked. It was the first chance we had all week to sit and just talk about nothing much. Those are my favourite conversations after a hard week.

Go over here to see the date night's other people have had this week.

1 comment:

  1. that banana cupcake sounds delicious! i'll have to try that recipe. cream cheese frosting? even better! thanks for sharing!
    tiffany {Simply Modern Mom}

    ReplyDelete