Monday, September 20, 2010

Floriade favourites

Tulips

Mmm... Smell that? Achoo! Yep... Spring is in the air. What better way to see spring than at a flower festival? We got home from our trip to Canberra on Saturday. We had such a great time. While we were there, we went to Floriade. I have wanted to go and see this flower festival for a lot of years now. One of my list of reasons was so I could take lots of photos of flowers. Now, my photography skills are fairly limited at the moment and most of my pictures were taken on the auto setting but what a help it is having that new whizz bang camera of mine! I love it.

Daffodil

Random bee

Warratah drop

Pansy water

I tried out some of the tips I have read in the Digital Photography Book (Vol 1) by Scott Kelby. The best tip was to shoot the flowers from flower level, rather than down onto the flowers. You get much more interesting photos then. I had the benefit of an overcast (rainy) day on the first day we went which made the light nice and soft. And because of the rain, the next day we went, the flowers had little droplets of water on them. I was excited to see that these photos turned out so well.

I will post some more photos of our trip soon :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment