Sunday, October 17, 2010

Echidna cupcakes

Echidna cupcake

Well, we made them. The cupcakes turned out pretty cool. I thought that I would get the kids to help make maybe one or two and I would do the rest (in peace and quiet) but the girls had other ideas. They made quite a few each. After a few deep breath's, I realised that really this is what I want Echidna Day to be all about. Spending time with our kids and being thankful that we can. So I let go of trying to achieve the perfectly piped echidna's I was imagining and we just went with it. Considering their ages, the girls are all pretty handy with a piping bag.


Esther and her echidna cupcakes

Ellamay with her echidna cupcakes

Amelia decorating cupcakes

Just in case you are interested, here is the recipe for the cupcakes. I am sure they are pure fat but wow are they yummy!

Chocolate cupcakes

Ingredients
8 tablespoons soft margarine
100g (3 1/2 oz) caster sugar
225g (8 oz) self-raising flour
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
25g (1 oz) plain chocolate, melted

Put 12 paper baking cases in a muffin tin, or put 12 double layer paper cases on a baking sheet.
Put margarine, sugar, flour, eggs and cocoa in a large bowl and, using an electric hand whisk, beat together until just smooth. Beat in the melted chocolate. Spoon the batter into the paper cases.
Bake the cupcakes in a preheated oven, 180 C/350 F, for 15 minutes, or until springy to the touch. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
(Recipe from this book)

Amelia enjoying a cupcake

No comments:

Post a Comment