I traced the disk using a disappearing ink pen (I have only just discovered how cool these are) onto the fabric, and then wrote the name on. I used 6 strands of embroidery cotton to stitch the name. (Didn't take a photo of that.)
I sewed the edge of the circle of fabric a bit like making a yo-yo and then attached a brooch bar. 'Scuse the messy stitching. I am an impatient stitcher and it's the back anyway.
Ta-da. I am so clever. (The photo got cut off a bit - oops). Of course, Ellamay decided that she needed to add a full stop to the end of her name with black texta. And Amelia decided that Ellamay's needed some other colours on it so took to it with texta as well. At least they got one wear out of them. I will try to rub it off, it's not too bad. I might unpick them (if I can be bothered) and replace the mat board with plastic canvas. Then they would be washable.
There you have it. A really long post about something crafty with pictures and everything. I am currently working on the Angel for my resurrection set (almost done that) and the next little bag for the birthday present. And some more hair clips. And I really want to start a stitching project...