Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Project 52 - The fourth date

Our date for this week was hardly a date at all. It very nearly didn't take place. I had been up during the previous night with Amelia as she had been sick. And I was feeling fairly average myself. Tim was really excited to take some more photos to start the date... but I really didn't feel like having my photo taken.

I got into my pajamas (first rule broken) and curled up on the couch. We ended up watching the DVD set I gave Tim for his birthday this week, Grand Designs. It's a great British TV series with all these fantastic homes that people are building. We really enjoy watching it. (TV - Second rule broken).

Tim got us a cold drink and he watched, I dozed. We were together though and we did manage a bit of conversation. And I do like when we get to talk.

(Just in case you are interested, the cake is meant to be an arc welder. Tim is an amazing welder. He has made steel furniture and mirrors. He is very creative and clever. You can see a picture of his outdoor chairs here.)

These date nights are fun. Life certainly does do it's best to get in the way of us though! Check out the latest Project 52 Dates here.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Amazing cake. And happy birthday, Tim! Hey, rules are made to be broken sometimes, right? :) Thanks for linking and we'll see you next week!
    Tiffany {Simply Modern Mom}

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an interesting cake! I commend you for making such an original design! We had a similar kind of date this time - my dh just wanted to watch a movie he had rented for us and couldn't wait to start it up.

    ReplyDelete