One of my New Years Resolutions was to be a better wife. Tim and I are going to be ten in May this year. What a great roller coaster of a life it has been. I am so blessed to have the husband I have. And even though he drives me crazy sometimes and I, in turn, drive him crazy, I wouldn't have it any other way.
Life has always been super busy. The levels just change. Looking after our relationship has been hard work and often is the last thing we worry about. So this year, we are commiting to making a change. We are going to follow the Project 52 over on Simply Modern Mom. What a great idea. Commiting to having a date night once a week for a year.
We have tried to have date nights at home in the past but we have always been a bit half hearted about it and let other stuff get in the way.
This time, we have set the ground rules. We will follow the first ones suggested in the pledge.
- Can't do the same thing twice in one month
- We will rotate being in charge of date nights on a monthly basis
- No children allowed
- Must create a date-like atmosphere. No frumpy clothes or pajamas. Make it a special event. Mind the details. But most of all, keep it simple
- Must take a photo of the date activity including us
- Cannot go outside the house block
- No computers, TV, Phones, Blogs, CFA, etc to get in the way!
Now that I have written about it here, it will make us accountable to actually do it. So the plan is that I will post about what we did and our photo. Should be fun.