Saturday, January 23, 2010

Project 52 - The second date



Friday night, date night was late again. Like last week the kids were still awake at 9.30pm our start time. I think we should perhaps just change to 10pm start. We would hope that the kids would have finally ran out of steam by then! Friday was a 42 degree day and an extreme fire day too. Who wants to sleep with heat like that?!

We finally had everyone settled and just sat down on the couch to our drink and chocolate when Amelia woke up crying. It took about 15 minutes for me to get her back to sleep. The plan went out the window then.

I was ready to admit defeat and go to bed at that point. I have been struggling with a migraine all week and was really feeling pretty average. Tim offered me a shoulder and neck massage though so how could I refuse that? Tim talked through his day at work while I tried to stay awake (fairly common for me). It had been a stressful day. I am glad to hear about what goes on in his day. It's good to hear what goes on in the world outside our home. And it's so much easier to listen when the kids aren't around.

To top off the night, Tim offered to get up to the kids for the night so I could take a strong pill to help my head. Now that is romance.

Next week, I hope to have the photo booth pictures I have been planning. That was another thing we planned that just didn't work out again.

It was great that even though we couldn't have what we originally hoped for, we still had a nice time. It was still an hour together that we might not have sat down for before.

Have a look at what others are doing for their Project 52 dates at Simply Modern Mom.

2 comments:

  1. Like you, my plans to play the Wii has failed through a couple times. I guess that's why we have 48 more to go. And I am glad that you two still try even though it is hard getting the kids down on time. I think seeing the effort each other puts toward having a date night makes an impact on the other person. Can't wait to see the photo booth pictures. Hoping it'll turn out for you this week! Thanks for sharing and we'll see you next week!
    Tiffany {Simply Modern Mom}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, too bad about the headache, but that showed how nice and understanding your husband was to you. Better luck next time!

    ReplyDelete