Friday, December 17, 2010

Fabric Dolls House

Another fabric dolls house

I am feeling pretty proud of myself. I have moments like that. This last week I finished and gifted this fabric dolls house. Our friend's daughter turned two while Amelia was in hospital so we missed her birthday. I must admit, I hadn't even given it too much thought before that. What to get for a two year old girl when she is the youngest of four? I remembered the dolls house and thought this would be perfect. This is the fourth one I have made. It is such a great pattern. And if you can cope with handing over all that work, its a great gift too.

Inside dolls house

The flowers are from lace that was on my mum's wedding dress. I stitched the pink centres.

Lace flowers on dolls house

The dolls house was a big hit with my friend. The little girl figured it out as soon as she took it home and put some things in it to cart around.

DSCF6015-1

This is the one I made for Amelia over 12 months ago. When I first came across the tutorial to make these I thought it was a fabulous idea for Amelia because she could take it to the Big Building (Royal Children's Hospital) when she has her clinic visits. And it has been carted all over the place full of little toys that can be pulled out and played with anywhere.

DSCF6649

Esther and Ellamay didn't want to be left out and so I made them one each too. They chose their fabric. They are using theirs as sewing bags now. They keep their knitting dolls and pom pom makers in there.

Fabric Barn House

I made a barn for my nephew because he had received lots of Fisher Price Little People and Farms animals for his birthday last year. I thought he could take it with him places.

If you would like to make one too, head over to UK Lass in US for the tutorial. They would make a sweet Christmas gift if you could bear to part with it. And if you don't have a ridiculously long list of things to do between now and then!

No comments:

Post a Comment