Monday, September 20, 2010

Kids cake decorating

Kids cake decorating

In the lead up to Amelia's 3rd birthday, the kids had been watching cake decorating videos on YouTube. Funny. So they really wanted to give some cake decorating a go. They suggested making a mermaid cake and a castle cake but I said just a plain cake would be a good idea to start with.

The cake the kids decorated

I made a chocolate cake and some yummy whipped buttercream and set them to it. I also gave them all a cupcake to decorate. They kept calling the knives they were using 'spatulas' and talking about doing a 'crumb crow' (crumb coat)

Esther decorating her cupcake

Esther

Ellamay and her cupcake

Ellamay

Amelia icing cupcake

Amelia

As you can see from the pictures, they had a lot of fun decorating. And we all enjoying eating their creation too.

I am still on the 'go slows' here. We have just come home from our family road trip to Canberra. Tim is sick and has been sleeping a lot since we got home on Saturday. And to top off this coming week... We have to go to the Big Building (Royal Children's Hospital) with Amelia for her annual broncoscopy and lung function tests. So basically, we would rather be still on our holiday. Everything seemed a lot easier and more fun then. I will put up some posts about our trip and hopefully after this week is over I can get back to my crafting. That is if I remember how to :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment