Monday, April 26, 2010

Project 52 - 15th date - Light painting

Date night this week was a bit more photography fun. I remembered seeing last year, about light painting on a blog that I read regularly. I followed the link to the youtube video but it had been removed, but I found this one here instead. It gives simple instructions on what to do. Here are the things we used.
One torch we covered in red cellophane. (I think really the torches could have used fresh batteries too!) We set the camera up on my tripod and used the "fireworks" setting on the camera. We turned off all the lights and off we went!







This was lots of fun. I had hoped to do it outside but it has got wet and cold here so it wasn't a good idea. One thing I would suggest to anyone else doing this is to make sure that there is nothing around on the floor! I walked out to the back part of our house, without turning on all the lights and tripped on a pair of boots that the kids had so carefully tidied before they went to bed.

We laughed a lot and it was cool to see what we could make. After we had run out of ideas, we watched a couple of youtube videos about light painting.

To find out more about Project 52 check out Simply Modern Mom for details.

7 comments:

  1. What a fun idea! Those are really cool photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of light painting before but it is such a cool idea! My hubby & I will have to give it a try. I also love that you call a flashlight a torch :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are so many cool things you can do with light painting - definately give it a try. We are Aussie's, so no flashlights here. :-)

    Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cool. I have never heard of that. Great job on the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We might have to try that...it's FINALLY warming up for the summer over here, so we might actually be able to do it outside!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea, however I think I am going to have to steal it and do it with our kids. I think they would get a total kick out of it. Now to find a camera(mine just died). I am SUPER excited to check out your other date ideas. We have 5 kids and moved a year ago, we have gma close by but she can't always watch our kids and we are still in the phase of finding people we trust that WANT to watch 5 kids :) Plus the extra money to pay the sitter is always something too. I hope to be able to put some of your good idea in use.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh wow! what a cool date! that is now on my to do list! thanks for sharing!
    tiffany {Simply Modern Mom}

    ReplyDelete