Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Project 52 - 14th - Cake decorating


It was my date this week. I had just made some Chocolate Mud Cakes during the day and really wanted to get them finished so we could take them to town the next day for our families. So our date was covering the cakes in ganache and decorating them.

I showed Tim what to do and he put the crumb coats on both cakes. He did it like he was rendering something. Funny how people are different. I've never seen it as rendering before but I guess it is.
I put the top coats on.
While I worked on that, Tim got my sewing machine out and serviced it. I have been trying to get him to do that for a while now.
Then we mixed up some ganache with food colouring and put it in a click top bag with the corner snipped to pipe some decorations. Tim decided we should make a "14" cake in celebration of our 14th date.
And I did some basic flowers on the other cake.
It was midnight by the time we were done. I had hoped it would be a fun thing, but it was a last minute idea and I really needed to have the cakes covered with ganache already, so we could just have some fun with different kinds of decorating. It was good to share the time together though. Also, we changed our date from Friday night to Saturday night in hopes we won't be so exhausted. We will see how that works for us.
Catch up with everyone else in Project 52 here.
Just wanted to mention that I am having trouble commenting on other people's dates. Not sure why. I will have to investigate that one. Everyone is doing really well though.

4 comments:

  1. Your cakes are beautiful - I love the "14" cake. Hats off to your husband for thinking of that one! Very romantic, IMHO.

    Debi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cakes look fantastic. That icing looks very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! what nice cakes. and how nice of him to service your sewing machine. i need to have that done too. thanks for sharing!
    tiffany {Simply Modern Mom}

    ReplyDelete